Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Fun Fact

.

I haven't read Audrey Niffenegger's book The Time Traveler's Wife, but my interest certainly peaked with regards to it once Eric Bana was cast as the lead in the film adaptation. Here's the basic story from its Wiki page:

"The novel tells the story of Henry DeTamble and his wife, Clare. Henry has a very rare genetic disorder known as "Chrono-Displacement" that causes him to involuntarily travel through time. He is unable to control when he leaves, where he goes, or how long his trip will last. His destinations are tied to his subconscious, as Henry most often travels to places he has visited or will eventually visit."

Anyway, the real highlight is this bit of info about the book that has got me doing happy mental somersaults with thoughts of the movie to come:

"Henry cannot take anything with him into the future or the past. Even fillings in his teeth are left behind. He always "arrives" naked and must work hard while "away" to find clothing, shelter, and food without getting beaten up or arrested."

Naked Bana hijinks! Joy!
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They best be keeping this part.

Cherita said...

They best be keeping this part.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you mean the constant nudity part, yes? Depends on what kind of rating they're aiming for, I imagine. Killjoy that I am, I must add that the premise does not exactly sound like R-rated fare. It barely sounds like PG-13. But I haven't read the book, so what the hell do I know.

I'm still trying to get the Arnold Schwarzenegger-in-a-ball-of-light association out of my head.

Jason Adams said...

I kept picturing the Terminator shot, too. And ew, naked Schwartzenegger. Much prefer naked Robert Patrick.

And even if it's PG they can give us some butt! I'd hardly expect the full-on goods, but I demand some Bana-ass. Demand!

sparky2379 said...

it's a great book, so of course i'm worried they're going to turn it to sh*t. i am also pleased that eric bana will be playing the part of henry detamble but the only thing is they meet each other at different parts of their lives, so the him constantly arriving nude part tends to be a little....discomforting in a couple of parts.

Cherita said...

And ew, naked Schwartzenegger. Much prefer naked Robert Patrick.

Bingo, baby. Yeah, I think they can get away with some butt. Just probably not as much butt as we'd prefer.