Monday, July 23, 2007

Quote of the Day

.

Well, technically this interview is ten days old, but come on, this is me we're talking about and I didn't exactly rush to read up everything Hairspray related when it was coming out. Thankfully this has nothing to do with Hairspray except it's Corny Collins aka James Marsden talking:

"... If you're singing and dancing, it gives you less time to be neurotic about the acting. Maybe it's because I was so excited to finally do a musical that I enjoyed every minute of it. On every job I've ever done, like with the cast from X-Men, the actors were always saying [to me]: 'when are we going get you on stage doing a musical or something?' I remember Hugh Jackman saying, 'mate, you've got to do a musical.' He actually wanted me to play his love interest in [the Broadway musical] Boy from Oz and there was a scheduling conflict or something. But I would have loved to have done it."

Siiiiiiiigh. Might the world have crumbled if Cyclops and Wolverine had gotten it on? I might've, at least. And of course Hugh was courting Jimmy for the part. I'm sure Hugh was "courting" half of the men in Hollywood.


I didn't see the play - who did play the part anyway? And did I see this quote days ago and black out on it? I'm having major déjà vu as I type this post out...
.

10 comments:

Marius said...

Cyclops and Wolverine getting it on? Oh, what a wonderful thought. Yeah, I love James Marsden. :)

Anonymous said...

That would've been so hot....

You should really see Hairspray. It's a lot of fun. James is really good, too.

Jason Adams said...

I've seen it getting all the great reviews, I just... I can't do it. John Travolta killed any chance of me seeing it in the theater. I don't care that everyone has said he's pretty good, he's a creep and I hate his fucking face and I won't do it.

I will, however, probably watch it on DVD.

I'm just not a fan of musicals in general - they're like those people who tell you to smile when you're in a shitty mood. I just want to punch musicals in the face.

Anonymous said...

Don't get me wrong..I wanted to slit my wrists the entire running time of 'Rent', but Hairspray I found to be really entertaining. Even Travolta....but I can understand. I can't really see a scenario in which I'd see 'Valkyrie'

Marius said...

Ja, have you seen the original Hairspray? First, let me just say that I'm a huge John Water's fan. And I have not seen this newest incarnation of the film starring John Travolta for various reasons. The biggest reason being that Travolta is NOT Divine. There can only be one Divine, and I can’t bare the thought of seeing Travolta tarnish the image of Edna Turnblad. What’s next? A remake of Pink Flamingos starring Nicolas Cage?

Jason Adams said...

Yeah, I saw Hairspray (John Waters' version) years ago, and enjoyed it.

And actually, marius, you've reminded me that I've had copies of Pink Flamingos and Female Trouble sitting on my DVD shelf for a couple years now and never watched them - I bought them for the boyfriend, he's a big fan of John Waters, with the intention of finally watching them myself, but I haven't done it yet. Shame on me! I think I might be in the mood for a mini-festival tonight then.

Anonymous said...

I'm not at all surprised at this from Marsden...he's one of the more notorious closet cases in Hollywood. (I had a private cackle all to myself when he and Latifah sang their duet about "celebrating diversity". As long as the door is locked tight, right?)

Jason Adams said...

Really, ModFab? I hadn't ever heard he was a closet-case. I mean, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest, but I hadn't heard it.

If you think about the casting for this movie, then, three of the leads are (alleged blah blah blah) closet-cases... what's the deal with that? Was somebody in casting having a big ol' laugh?

Anonymous said...

You'd think a huge closet case would never play a gay character, which Marsden has actually done. So...whatever.

John T said...

Possibly four-I always thought that Zac Efron was a closet-case as well, albeit he's younger so he doesn't quite have the notoriety of Travolta/Latifah, etc.