Thursday, July 26, 2007

Pic of the Day

Why oh why in the world would the makers of the American remake of J-horror flick The Eye release this completely silly picture as the first image anyone gets to see from their movie?


Jessica Alba is screaming into her oven - ooh, I gots da chills! Jesus effing Christ. It does make me think of Sigourney screaming at the demon-dog in her refrigerator in Ghostbusters, though.

There is another shot at BD that's slightly scarier, though to be honest the scariest thing is Alba's dead eyes. Maybe they cast her on purpose! Dead eyes! Like what the movie's about! God.

The film also stars Parker Posey and the yummy Alessandro Nivola, though, and is directed by film-making duo David Moreau and Xavier Palud, who formerly directed the supposed-to-be-great Ils (Them)... so I'm torn. Plus the original Eye is not half-bad.

The Eye comes out on February 1st, 2008.
.

6 comments:

J.D. said...

It makes me giggleiggleigglelelele.

Anonymous said...

It will probably be mediocre with a good performance, as usual, by Parker Posey, who's good in everything

Glenn Dunks said...

Oh lordy, that picture is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

How did I NOT remember that Alessandro is married to goddess Emily Mortimer?

J.D. said...

^ WAIT, HE IS?!?! I knew that somewhere. And they have a kid. I knew that. Now he's awesome. Or I hate him. I haven't decided yet.

Jason Adams said...

I always forget it too. I've actually been meaning to do a post on how wonderfully awesome they are and that they're the Greatest Couple Ever, but yeah, keep forgetting. I love them.