Monday, June 04, 2007

Who Ever Heard of Mr. Nobody?

.

Well FilmIck did, that's who; and their post on it is the first I've heard of the film Mr. Nobody, which will star Jared Leto and (yay!) Sarah Polley, and will be directed by Jaco van Dormael, the Belgian director of Toto the Hero (confession: not seen Toto, nor any of his films for that matter). What the movie's about, via FilmIck (who had the exquisite grace to translate the original French article from here):

"The present day, more or less. Nemo (Jared Leto) is 35, an ordinary man, married to Elise (Sarah Polley). with three children. But life's tuming strange : billboards flash messages addressed only to him; he passes strangers with his face on the streets; behind the façade of a half-constructed building, he sees helicopters lifting enormous blocks of the ocean...

Nemo wakes to find himself trapped in his car, drowning. He wakes and is shot by an unknown assassin. He wakes again... by a swimmmg pool in the grounds of an opulent mansion. With a new wife and new children."

Sounds right up my whimsical-SciFi-loving alley. And looks interesting, too; here are a couple stills of the film's production art, from that French article (more there):


As much as I try and divorce myself from my one-time Jared Leto obsession, I keep finding myself following what he's up to... and now he's practically begging, dragging my love for Sarah Polley into it. So yes, I shall pay attention to your new movie, Jared; you can stop exploiting my weaknesses now. All it'll take to fully win back my good graces is a hotel room, you and Jake Gyllenhaal, and seventeen hours - ya up for it?
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for this movie, I LOVE Jared Leto!!! :)