Monday, June 18, 2007

Paprika in 150 Words Or Less

.

There was this episode of the cartoon "The Real Ghostbusters" where the evil villain The Sandman made everybody's dreams and nightmares filter out of their brains and into the real world (Reasons to love YouTube #3574 - watch the episode: Part I and Part II).

I always thought that The Sandman should've been the villain for the 3rd Ghostbusters movie if it were ever to be made, because I always remembered that episode especially fondly.

Paprika is how David Cronenberg would've filmed that dream-project of mine if he'd taken a heavy dose of sedatives and not really been paying attention.
.

2 comments:

J.D. said...

So... what on earth does that mean?

Jason Adams said...

It means it was a derivitive bore and that once again I felt like I did when watching The Host - that American critics will fall over themselves to praise a movie with subtitles that in reality only has a modicum of worth.