Monday, June 04, 2007

Not Gone, Rogue

Huge thanks to Glenn for throwing this story my way - Greg "Wolf Creek" McLean's giant-croc-rampage flick Rogue is still scheduled to be released here in the US this October, but its release depends upon how well received the flick is in McLean's homeland, Australia, when it's released there in August. From Moviehole:

"Apparently the Weinstein’s will decide just how wide of a release they’ll give the film based on how well it does in Australia. Roadshow, the distributor of the film in Howard land, plan to promote the film to the brim in an effort to see that McLean can retire rich after this – only his second major pic – effort. A major tour, a nice premiere, some widespread publicity and that may just happen."

So come on, Aussies! I know that, yes, we Americans let y'all down with Grindhouse, but don't hold it against me! I tried my best. And if Rogue never plays at a theater near me my lil' heart will break.

And I hate my heart being once more on the line with the Weinsteins holding its fate. Cruel, cruel world.
.

No comments: