Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Awesomest News To Ever Awesome

This is the sort of thing I need to read every morning, Bringing two of my most-beloveds together for a future project? And those two happen to be Paul Reubens and Todd Solondz??? The mind boggles with glee. From Cinematical:

"Before he gets started on those two new Pee Wee Herman movies, Paul Reubens will have a role in a new Todd Solondz film ... We're not sure whether this is the same Solondz film that was first announced back at Cannes in 2006, but we'll assume it is and it's currently scheduled to begin shooting this fall. No word on who Reubens will be playing; knowing Solondz and the type of material he's drawn to, the part might be a tad explicit. And since the film in question is apparently a sequel of sorts (or companion piece) to his 1998 flick Happiness, I'd say there's a good chance Reubens may once again be caught with his pants down."

Maybe I just didn't wake up this morning. Have I drifted into some sort of orgasmic coma?

I've been trying to suss out - in my usual lackadaisical manner - what was up with Solondz; it'd been so long since we've heard any news. But this... this surpasses what I would've imagined. Happiness is one of the most important films of the past ten years - yeah, I said it - not to mention one of the funniest, and playing off that film, and adding Pee Wee to the mix... heart palpitations.
.

4 comments:

Ross said...

I was just thinking about Happiness the other day and wondering when they were ever gonna put out a nice special edition with extras.

Jason Adams said...

All of Solondz's movies deserve better DVDs then they've gotten. What I'd give for a great DVD of Welcome to the Dollhouse!

Glenn Dunks said...

"We're laughing with you, not at you."
"...I'm not laughing."

Glenn Dunks said...

I meant to add that Palendromes was terrible, but I quite liked Doll House, Happiness and Storytelling (probably my favourite, actually)