Thursday, May 24, 2007

Through the Looking Glass

.
So... yeah... how about that Lost last night, hmm? Yeah.

Um.

A solid bout of the slow-clap built to a crescendo for Lindelof and Cuse is due, that's for sure. Somehow they managed to do the one thing that never, not once, crossed my mind that they'd do.

Never occured to me. But there Kate was, walking out of the darkness, and I really haven't picked my jaw up yet. After I popped out of the shower this morning to greet the boyfriend good morning, the first thing I said? "So this means (highlight for spoiler) Jack's dad is alive in the future, right?"

Haven't stopped thinking about the episode. Don't forsee me stopping thinking about it for at least a few days. And will probably watch it again very soon. And that's what a season-ender's supposed to do, right?

But yeah. Mind a little... blown, I guess. I'll be digging through all the usual recaps today, looking for bits I may've missed. And yes, since y'all love him (highlight for spoiler) RIP Charlie. He did good. Must admit I got a little misty-eyed.

But like I said... I haven't totally processed everything. Most certainly have to go back and watch the episode another time, especially in light of that ending. Mystery funerals! Sideways mentioned resurrections! Too much!

And just cuz Jack looked hot here, here's depressed bearded Jack in a wifebeater:

.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No no no...jack's dad is not alive in the future in my opinion. The references were just thrown in to make us think it was the past. When he mentioned his dad in the end, it was becausem he was drunk, stoned, and beligerent-he wasn't really thinking clearly which is why the chief looked flippant about the comment. It's also why he wouldn't let the pharmacist call b/c he knew they would tell her the truth and ruin his charade.

R.I.P. Charlie :(

Jason Adams said...

I guess that could be it, re: jack's Dad. But what about the visions of Jack's dad we've already seen on the island? Back in season one? Couldn't he have come out of the same "box" that Locke's daddy did?

So many questions.

Anonymous said...

nah...the vision of Jack's dad in season 1 was the smoke monster. On the little 'answers/recap' show beforehand it implied that.

f. said...

I think all the references to Jack's dad in the flashforward were just a McGuffin.

And thanks for that picture, Junkie Jack is so damn HOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

Jason Adams said...

Yeah, the beard mighta been a lil much in certain shots - I mean looking pretty fake - but I still could get down with Junkie Jack big time.