Tuesday, May 15, 2007

That Ol' Rising Dark

.

My bud Sean beat me to this, but that's not gonna stop me from posting it as well; Harry Knowles at AICN got to visit the set of the now-filming The Dark is Rising, based on (I'm guessing, since the name fits) the second book of Susan Cooper's wonderful fantasy series in Bucharest.


The adaptation stars Ian McShane, Frances Conroy, Christopher Eccleston, and relative newcomer Alexander Ludwig as our main boy Will Stanton, and is directed by usual-documentary filmmaker David L. Cunningham and written by John Hodge (Shallow Grave, Trainspotting).

This first set-report is brief, more of an introduction really, but Harry promises much more to come. Of which I will surely dutifully continue paying attention to, because this is a fantastic series of books and I'm seriously looking forward to this.

.

No comments: