Friday, April 20, 2007

Anatomy IN a Scene

There are many, many reasons to adore PJ Hogan's film Muriel's Wedding - for one, it brought the brilliant Toni Collette to the world stage - but there's one scene that often floats to the forefront of my brain, and if you know me you know what scene that is - the emergence of the gorgeous Daniel Lapaine from the swimming pool and into Muriel's life - as the South African Olympian looking for an Aussie bride - is, well, its like my "Bo Derek in braids coming out of the surf" scene. It's heart-stopping.

And it's seriously underrepresented on the internet in the way of stills. So I take the opportunity and run with it - here's a full cap run-down of this delightful moment in cinematic man-ogling. I've included a couple of Toni's priceless reaction shots because, really, they sum up exactly what every one of us is feeling.



I love you so much, PJ Hogan.
.