Monday, March 12, 2007

Golden Compass Poster

Latino Review's got a bunch of images (via Cinematical) from the annual ShoWest convention, including photos of the artwork and posters for bunches of highly anticipated movies coming out within the next year, including the poster for The Golden Compass! Seen here:


The small type says, "It is the Althiometer. It tells the truth. As for how to read it, you'll have to learn by yourself.", which I do believe is directly from the book.

Okay, so I'm not exactly turning to goo from that image, but we have to remember it's a snapped picture of the actual poster, for one, and for another it's an early poster, and we'll surely get cooler ones closer to the film's actual release way at the end of the year.

To be honest, the coolest image of the bunch is the poster for The Strangers, a horror film starring Scott Speedman and Liv Tyler which this is the first I've even heard of; it's got this terrifically retro horror flick feel to it, that reminds me of something like Let Scare Jessica To Death or April Fool's Day and their ilk.


The Strangers comes out on July 13th.

(Man, I should've read the entire post at Cinematical first before stealing their link to Latino Review for my post on this - me and writer Ryan Stewart sure do think alike, that's for certain... ahem... plagiarize much, JA? I totally didn't, really! For shames...)
.

1 comment:

Glenn Dunks said...

That Strangers poster is great. It does remind me of old fashioned posters, which I think we need more of these days.