Friday, January 19, 2007

Sunshine Trailer... and Chris Evans

.
I remember hearing something about Sunshine ages ago, but it immediately fell off my radar it seems, til now, with this trailer posted at AICN.

Um... Danny effin' Boyle plus Michelle effin' Yeoh, plus Cillian Murphy and then plus eye-candy Chris Evans? YES YES YES!!!!

I am so there. I'm as usual watching the trailer sans sound here at work, but it's still looking kick-ass (though I'm trying to push thoughts of that wreck of a movie The Core out of my mind). Danny Boyle's been a mean streak lately - 28 Days Later is already a classic in my mind, and Millions was terrific.

Sunshine comes out on March 16th! ETA just watched the trailer with sound this morning and... not sure how I feel about the cheat of using Requiem For A Dream music. I mean, that tune instantly makes me want to ball, and it wasn't so much fitting with what I was watching.

Oh, and I did mention Chris Evans, right? Looking through my archives, I cannot even comprehend the fact that I've never done a proper gratuitous Chris Evans post. WTF? I am righting that wrong here and now!

.

2 comments:

Joe R. said...

I've been looking forward to this movie since the beginning of last year, so I'm glad it seems like it's on its way to a release. Not sure how I feel about apportioning the Requiem score. I mean, it's badass and some of my favorite movie music, but the Two Towers trailer used it SO well back a few years ago that it's always the first thing I think of when I hear it on TV or in a trailer.

Glenn Dunks said...

Funny how more people have heard that stunning Requiem music in movie trailers than in the movie itself. I know it's from the Remix album of the Requiem, but still.

And Chris Evans? He's one of the only guys that are routinely seen as "pretty boys" that I legitimately find hot. Extremely hot. It's, essentially, because he's actually masculine. Like, his stubble doesn't look silly (ie; Justin) and he doesn't shave/wax his chest and even though he's got muscles they don't constantly look oiled and such.

...yeah. That's why.

Oh, and yeah, Sunshine looks great. That bit where someone (Michelle Yeoh? I watched it earlier today and can't remember) gets shot into a room and hits the camera is strangely shocking. I don't know why.