Friday, January 05, 2007

The Golden Stills

(UPDATED w/ Info On The Subtle Knife!
See bottom of post!)


As long as I'm swiping things from AICN, they just posted a buttload (yes, a buttload) of new enormous stills from another geek-fest I'm monitoring every bit of press for, The Golden Compass. And here's a bunch (actually, here's every single one except for 3 I've posted before):


The more I see, the more just utterly fantastic it's looking. They really appear to be getting the world Phillip Pullman created perfect, at least visually. I CANNOT WAIT. Nicole Kidman could not look any better as Mrs. Coulter, and newcomer Dakota Blue Richards is exactly what I pictured for Lyra. Chills!

ETA -Even more news! DH has info on the second book's adaptation:

"New Line has hired Hossein Amini ("The Wings of the Dove", "The Four Feathers", "Jude") to pen "The Subtle Knife," the second part of Phillip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" reports Variety.

The studio is presently in production on a five-month shoot on the first film in the series "The Golden Compass" at Shepperton Studios in London.

Chris Weitz is directing the $150 million "Compass" -- to be released late this year -- from his own script.

In "The Subtle Knife," Pullman introduces the character of a 12-year-old boy who has learned the art of invisibility and is seeking his missing father when he encounters a vanishing cat and joins forces with the first film's heroine - 12-year-old Lyra Belacqua.

The hiring of the scribe represents a strong commitment from New Line to go ahead with the next film, despite the studio stating that they would only continue shooting the trilogy if the first performs well."


For everything else I've raped and pillaged from the web previously on this movie, see here.

.

2 comments:

Glenn Dunks said...

God, Nicole and Daniel look delicious.

Jason Adams said...

It's a given, to me, that DC is gonna be delicious. But I think Nic looks better in these stills then she has in awhile. Since The Others maybe.

I think I love her especially when she does the Grace Kelly hair though, so I may be biased.