Friday, December 01, 2006

Today's Mood

(Boyfriend, you may wanna hide your head for this post, I know how my shameful love for the Midler makes your insides shrivel and die)

Ahem. In honor of the Divine Bette Midler's 61st birthday:


CC Bloom (Bette Midler),
Beaches

"What the hell is this, a piano bar or a Nazi work camp?
I'm singing my heart out for bupkus, peanuts.
I'm eating dog food and you can't even
give me fifty dollars you already owe me?"

I've been meaning to do a post about Bette for quite some time, actually. You see... I saw this lil' movie called Beaches when I was 11 years old, and, well, hello Bette! I think, upon watching this movie, is when I realized I might be, uh, different from the other boys. And now, I think I've seen all of her films about a dozen times each. I could quote you long passages if you asked. I know they're all pretty schlocky, I know she's usually pretty hammy... but I couldn't help it then and I still can't help it now - I love this woman! I love her so much! Happy birthday, Bette! Come back to us with, ya know, something worth your time, some day soon, please!

Okay, that felt good. There goes any cred I may've built up as any sort of hard-core horror lover, though. Sigh. I'm complicated! I love many things, okay? Stop looking at me like that!
.

1 comment:

Glenn Dunks said...

oh, I love me some Bette too! I even moderately enjoyed her failed sitcom!

The Rose was really great though and she made For the Boys about 10 times better than it should've been.