Thursday, December 07, 2006

D Is For Dushku

.
I've been wondering what my Faith the Vampire Slayer has been up to, and be still my heart, she's doing a movie about a murder-story from my hometown! From Cinematical:

"Rob Schmidt, who last headed the feature Wrong Turn, will direct the murder mystery that is based on the real-life Alphabet Murders from Rochester, NY in the seventies.

According to the official site, which is already online, the movie will follow Megan, a police investigator played by Dushku, who is up against her fiancé for head of the department. When a girl is raped and murdered and she can't solve it, her reality slips, she's institutionalized, and he takes the job. When back in the department, but working as a records clerk, she uses her pull to ride along with her ex-fiancé when more murders are committed. Obviously, this brings up old wounds and her mental health begins to slip."

According to The Alphabet Killer's IMDb page, it's filming in Rochester, too! Hey, Rochester-friends, get on this! I want Dushku sightings! Hmm, maybe when I'm home for Christmas I can find her and down some brewskies at The Old Toad and be told stories about how awesome Joss Whedon is. Sigh.
.

3 comments:

Joe R. said...

(And I'm my continuing effort to comment on every entry you make today...)

I was JUST talking about Eliza Dushku a couple weeks ago when a friend and I were watching Bring It On. She's such a dynamic performer, she needs to be in lots more.

Jason Adams said...

I want that Faith spin-off show. Dammit.

NATHANIEL R said...

i love Faith... i mean Eliza so much. her agent must suck.

and i just decided to watch Buffy in it's entirety again. I'm only on season 1 episode 4 and i'm already desperate for the Dushku to show up.