Friday, November 10, 2006

The Vroom Vroom Room


It was probably the fact that I'd been up for about 19 hours straight when I watched the movie last night, and was just exhausted beyond my ability to be rational any more, but I busted into like, quivering sobs at the end of Cars last night. When Lightning proves himself decent in the end... I completely lost it.

Why do I share these things that embarrass me so? I do get a kick out of knowing it makes the boyfriend's skin crawl when I do.

But Cars was better than I expected it to be; sure, it's Doc Hollywood on wheels, and has an old-as-the-hills message of "Take the time to slow down and enjoy life!", but it's Pixar and they haven't lost their ability to draw richer characters than half the actors out there today can manage with their own flesh.

And seriously, your jaw just hangs open at what these people manage to create with pixels and a mouse.
.

3 comments:

Glenn Dunks said...

ugh, YES! It's sad to hear so many people actually really dislike Cars. If it were by Dreamworks and filled with a voice cast like Whoopi Goldberg, Kirsten Dunst and John Travolta they'd prolly be saying it was groundbreaking and all.

That animation was seriously the best I have ever seen on the big screen. That scene where they go for the drive through the canyon and then up at the hotel? My jaw literally dropped.

I had a bit of a teary earlier while watching Roswell. LOL at me.

Jason Adams said...

Yeah, that scene, the way they designed those landscapes... it looks so real, but it's such a perfect beauty at the same time.

And the scene with the neon lights being turned back on in the town and the way they captured the neon reflecting on the surface of the cars... UNBELIEVABLE.

Glenn Dunks said...

YES! I'm happy to find someone as enthusiastic about it as me.