Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Today's Mood

.
In honor of the Hitchcock Blog-A-Thon happening via The Film Vituperatem today, I give you my all-time favorite character from a Hitchcock film:


Stella (Thelma Ritter),
Rear Window

"When I married Miles, we were both a couple
of maladjusted misfits. We are still maladjusted misfits,
and we have loved every minute of it."

Picking just one line from Ritter's arsenal of witticisms was tough (love when she tells Jeff she'll "spread a little common sense on the bread" of the sandwich she's making for him) - almost as tough as choosing a single favorite Hitch character when there are sooo many I love. Bruno from Strangers on a Train, Uncle Charlie from Shadow of a Doubt, Mrs. Thornhill from North by Northwest, and of course Norman Bates... but Ritter is such a hoot in RW I couldn't resist.

So head on over to TFV and check out what everyone's up to today; if there's one director who inspires entertaining critiques, it's the Master himself. And Squish has really done an amazing job all by his lonesome - he's been reviewing Hitch films all month; check out everything he's done, it's incredibly impressive.
.

1 comment:

Squish said...

You do me honour, JA, thanks a bunch. You know Girlfriend of Squish and I were talking about how witty this woman was, how quick to quip. I love her myself.