Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Mist Rises

.
This is one I've been waiting on word about for ages: Frank Darabont's adaptation of the Stephen King short story, "The Mist."

"The Mist" is quite possibly my favorite thing King has ever written - a terrifying tale of the creatures that arrive within a mist that settles over a small town. And that description does nothing for how horrific I found the story to be.

Anyway, Cinematical has the word that Thomas Jane is attached to star.

"The script is done," Jane told MTV News at the recent premiere of The Tripper. "It has been for a bit now, and it looks like it might be over at Dimension." Jane also discounted rumors that Darabont plans to film in black and white to recall the creature features of the fifties.

Jane's a fine choice; if you've seen Stander then you've seen the guy can act, and if you've seen Deep Blue Sea then you know he looks really fine in a wetsuit. Not that he'll have to be in a wetsuit for this, but it's an important skill to have anyway. No matter what!

And because I'm feeling generous...

.

1 comment:

Glenn Dunks said...

There are some people I just wish were better actors because I like them and they're hot and THomas Jane is one of them.

We need more blokey actors. I've had it with pretty boys round Hollywood.