Monday, October 16, 2006

Congrats, Marty!

.

Well, I guess I should eat crow right about now - The Departed is a fuckin' slam dunk. Martin Scorsese's still got game, have no doubt; this flick kicked my ass. Believe me, nobody's happier than I - now this is a movie made by the man who made Taxi Driver.

Also, this is the first time I've ever been floored by a Leonardo DiCaprio performance. I've liked Leo in the past - Titanic and Catch Me If You Can both come to mind - but his work here is the best he's ever done. Just effortless and real.

And Matt Damon continues being one of the finest actors out there who's yet to really get his due. Anyone else think (spoilery, in inviso-text) his character was so deep in the closet that he didn't even know he was queer himself? (end spoilery) I totally did.

So yeah, I loved The Departed. Go Marty! Fuck the Oscars, you're awesome once more.
.

No comments: