Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Jake's New Role (Finally)

//
EW (via Variety) reports that mi amor Jake Gyllenhaal has signed on (along with Reese Witherspoon, blah) for Rendition, the first English-language feature by Gavin Hood, the director of Tsotsi (haven't seen it - should I?). He'll be playing some sort of CIA operative.

I'd begun to be worried - Jakey hadn't signed onto anything post-Zodiac (which comes out on January 19th) and the only rumors were that Lance Armstrong biopic hullaballoo. I mean, I wasn't exactly worried he'd never work again, the boy is hot hot hot, but still, I need my Jake fixes often and his workload has been mighty slight, and sure, seeing shots of him standing on the street are fine and all, but... no.

Anyway happy news! Now, when are we going to see a freaking trailer for Zodiac already? GOD. Though, in writing this post, I've stumbled upon this so-called "Glimpse Clip", which is really nothing more than a bunch of talking heads but we do get our first glimpses of actual footage, via the editing monitors behind them so... it's something. Which I'll settle for. For now.
//

No comments: