Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Split On Weiner

///

I felt kinda guilty just using a picture of Heather Matarazzo as Dawn Weiner up there, so I used a recent one as well... she's got to be sick of forever being associated with Weiner Dog (she refused to play Dawn again for Todd Solondz in Palindromes)... alas, embrace the connection, HM! We love you for her!

Anyway, HM is apparently in talks to be one of the trio of female leads to star in Hostel 2 for director Eli Roth. I have to say, I love HM; for one, she's (Dawn Weiner!) an openly gay actress who (Dawn Weiner!) stars in Disney movies. That's awesome. But I may love her a little too much to like her being cast in the sequel to Hostel... the thought of watching (Dawn Weiner!) HM be eviscerated by some Eastern European sadists makes me very uncomfortable.

Like, she's someone (Dawn Weiner! Okay I'll stop that now...) I identify with a little too strongly. And... I'm scared for her already.

The other two actresses in talks are Laura German and Bijou Phillips... eww, I hate Bijou Phillips. Talk about useless. No idea who Laura German is, she has one credit and it's something from 1991 called "Ni tan bobo, ni tan vivo". Mmmmmkay. ETA Whoops, no it's Lauren German; she was the girl in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake that gets picked up in the very beginning and discovers the business end of a self-inflicted bullet through the head very soon after.

(PS - sorry about that title, I sometimes...often... can't help myself)
///

1 comment:

DL said...

I adore Heather too. She's been really funny in everything she's done post-Welcome to the Dollhouse (though that perf. remains her crowning achievement). I especially wanted to run down to [insert wherever she was] and give her a big hug after I saw Saved!

"So you mean, like, shoot her?"