Thursday, July 06, 2006

Twin Peeks At... Oh, Nevermind

///
Much to my own now-matured dismay, I never watched Twin Peaks when it was on the air. I was too busy back then, I dunno, catching up on my episodes of DuckTales or something. Since growing up (a bit) though, I've been dying to see the show.

But it's DVD release has been incomplete... til this Fall, it seems. Season 1 has been out for a bit, but they're finally going to be releasing the 2nd season "some time later this year."

So now I can finally catch up. I'm really pretty mixed on my reactions to all-things-Lynch (Blue Velvet: yay! Wild At Heart: Nay! Mulholland Drive: Yay!), but he's nothing if not always interesting/frustrating.
///

3 comments:

Erik said...

Wow. I wish I'd never seen Twin Peaks so I could go through the joy, the utter joy, of watching the whole series for the very first time again. As it is, I've seen the entire series 4 or 5 times. You are going to love it.

But make sure you get a copy of the pilot! It's owned by a different company than whoever owns the first and second seasons, so it is NOT included on the Season One dvd (which is so lame), but it IS available to rent/buy. HOWEVER, it's all whack because apparantly you can get the pilot on DVD as it was originally shown, but the version of the pilot that is more readily available is the European version, which includes the "only seen on European television" ending, where they aired Twin Peaks as a TV movie and so they (partially) (weirdly) (differently) answer the central mystery in the last few minutes and you shouldn't watch the end. STOP WATCHING when you see Andy playing the trumpet for Lucy. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it.

OM I am so obsessed with this show, I'm sorry, this was out of control, my apologies.

(But remember: STOP WATCHING THE PILOT WHEN YOU SEE ANDY PLAYING THE TRUMPET.)

Glenn Dunks said...

Or, you can go to Amazon and purchase the Pilot DVD that's available in Asia. it's the one shown on American TV - it just has slugging visuals.

Or, better yet, purchase the entire Season 1 box set again from Australia (there are several sites, like ezydvd.com.au) which includes the Pilot episode on it in great quality!

Jason Adams said...

Wow, you guys rock! Thanks for all the info.