Thursday, June 08, 2006

'Nother Day, 'Nother Remake

////////
I'm beginning to get fatigue just writing about this remake-nonsense.

Seems somebody's going to remake the Japanese Schoolkid-Slaughter epic Battle Royale for us lowly Americans who refuse to read subtitles.

Now, if they did this right, I'd be all over this. But I have no faith when I read this sentence:

"Neal Moritz ("The Fast And The Furious") and Roy Lee ("The Ring", "The Grudge") will produce."

Riiiight. Those are just the guys to do this.

Damn it.

You know, even though I was somewhat disappointed with Hostel, for the most part, I'd like to see Eli Roth get his hands on this to direct.

Or Harry at AICN has a couple of suggestions:
"Personally... in an ideal world... they'd hire Ed Neumeier and Michael Miner to adapt the script and Paul Verhoeven to direct. And they'd just turn them totally loose. Either that... or hire Larry Clark loose on this material and just set the world aflame."

I wish we lived in that world. This film could be fantastic, if put into the right hands. Alas.

Just go and rent the original. It's not a perfect movie, but it's pretty damn alright.
....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are spot on with Eli Roth, he is the best at hateful youngsters.
Larry Clark would have them toughing each other too much to get any killing done.