Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Dream Brother

///

One of my all-time favorite musicians, Jeff Buckley, is apparently - finally - going to get a biopic. From DH:

Brian Jun ("Steel City") will write and direct a feature based on musician Jeff Buckley's life says The Hollywood Reporter.

Buckley was considered by critics one of the most promising artists of his generation after he released his debut album, "Grace," in 1994. Such musicians as Robert Plant, Elton John, Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney praised the album, and his cover of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" is considered the definitive version of that song.

Just as his career was taking off, however, Buckley drowned in Memphis in 1997. The movie is being produced by Buckley's mother, Mary Guibert, and Michelle Sy ("Finding Neverland")."

Grace is in my top-5 albums of all time, and his story is immensely tragic... I hope they do it justice.

Now my wheels be a'spinning on who they could cast... he was so beautiful... and that voice... I'm coming up blank. Any ideas out there?
///

1 comment:

Glenn Dunks said...

I made my own post about the casting of this at my blog

http://kamikazecamel.blogspot.com/2006/06/jeff-buckley-biopic-thinking.html

Your thoughts on my thoughts?