Sunday, May 07, 2006

iPod, Therefore I Crazy

///////

I'm at work for an annoying meeting. It's the perfect day outside. I want out of here!

I got the below from Nate over at Film Experience... answer a question about yourself by clicking through your iPod set on Random; whatever song comes up explains your answer for that question. Seriously weird responses for me...

(click on the song titles for their lyrics)

1. How does the world see you?

“Take It Off” by The Donnas

Alright, apparently the world sees me as a slutty, drunken party animal. And I’m okay with that. Even if it better describes me six years ago than now.

2. Will I have a happy life?

“My Prerogative” by Bobby Brown

I guess I’ll have a lot of people talking shit about me, and I’ll have to struggle to do what I want to. But I won’t care a damn! Even if my wife has a filthy crack den!

3. What do my friends think of me?

“Gold Lion” by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs -

My friends think I’m completely indecipherable, but fun? Sounds about right.

4. Do people secretly lust after me?

“Hold On To Me” by Courtney Love -

I love that this came up with a Courtney song. But… it’s Courtney being all syrupy. Still, she is “the center of the universe”, and this guy’s dying for her, so yes, I’d say it’s all good.

5. How can I make myself happy?

“And Then You Kissed Me” by The Cardigans -

Oh Jesus. I can make myself happy by equating real love with physical abuse? This is my favorite choice the iPod made for me, if only because it's so damned mean.

6. What should I do with my life?

“Like Eating Glass” by Bloc Party -

I guess I should have a nervous breakdown. On it!

7. Will I ever have children?

“Moon River” by Audrey Hepburn -

Hmm. This seems as if it could be read as promising, though… uh, I don’t want children. So I’m taking the “two drifters off to see the world” line as it’s just me and my boyfriend, forever, and the “rainbow’s end” we’re chasing has nothing to do with diapers.

8. What is some good advice for me?

“Hey Jupiter” by Tori Amos -

I need to stay away from self-destructive men. Thanks, Tori! She's always looking out for me.

9. How will I be remembered?

“If” by Janet Jackson -

I’m going to be remembered as a wanton hump-bunny? I need to get to work, then.

10. What's my signature dance song?

“Crooked Teeth” by Death Cab for Cutie -

It’s far more appropriate that this song came up instead of some Madonna track for this question, since I’m much more likely to bop around like an idiot to this. And thankfully this is an upbeat DCFC song that one can dance to as opposed to, uh, 90% of their music which one cannot bust a single move to, but rather... cry at.

11. What's my current theme song?

“Smooth Criminal” by Michael Jackson -

Awesome! I so want this as my theme song!

12. What do others think my current theme song is?

“Optimistic” by Radiohead -

Okay, this song is anything but optimistic. Which is exactly how people would describe me. Score!

13. What shall they play at my funeral?

“Come Undone” by Duran Duran -

This is really funny. I loved this song until in one of my college classes this guy made a short film where the gay love scene between two really disgusting guys in my class was accompanied by this song, which ruined the song for me forever. Well, not forever if it’s still on my iPod, but it takes some mental wrangling on my part to not picture that short film. So this is what I’m gonna be buried to? Well, it is appropriately melodramatic and gay.

14. What type of men do I like?

“Holland” by Sufjan Stevens -

I like men like Sufjan, is how I’m taking this. Correct!

15. How's my love life?

“Overload” by The Cardigans

A mess, apparently.

1 comment:

Glenn Dunks said...

WOW, you've got some great music on your iPod! I also have Sugababes, Sufjan, YYY, Michael, Janet, Tori, Courtney, Bobby Brown and The Donnas. I also have "Moon River" but the Harry Mancini version.

"Hold On To Me" was the very best song on "Americas Sweetheart" - I think I'm the only one of the planet who actually really likes that CD