Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Pity The Fool

//////////
I may talk big about my oncoming Brokeback-induced coma, but I probably won't end up watching the film tonight.

Oh, it's entirely likely I'll watch specific *cough* pup tent *cough* scenes once... or twice... tonight, but I've got to save viewing the entire film for the boyfriend to return from his trip abroad (he leaves this afternoon for a week for work, to London, then Copenhagen... and yes, he's a serious bastard).

I tried watching the movie once without him, and it didn't go well... I really need a hug when it's over, dammit.

So instead, I've got several choices -

I can continue, as I did last night after 24 (oh my god, I knew President Logan was Evil!!!), reading Patricia Highsmith's novel The Price of Salt - only about sixty or so pages in and loving it.

Or I can watch one of my Netflix movies. Here are my choices:

Everything Is Illuminated : Frodo's One Ring is played here by a "righteous Gentile woman" and Sam Gamgee is now a "naïve Ukranian translator" that I've heard has a funny accent. Whee!

Walk The Line : I've been avoiding this for an entire week - in Netflix time, for me, that's like three millennia - it's just, Reese's "Aww-shucks, lil' ol' me?" bullshit really grated on my nerves the last few months, and Joaquin has humpy shoulders and a hairlip. Why did I rent this again?

Where The Truth Lies : Is that correct grammar? Doesn't "truth" lay? "Where The Truth Lay"? I get that it's a play on "truth" versus "lies", and even though my education's a bit rusty these days I do think that "lies" can technically be used here, but it's awkward, and makes me irritable. Also, Kevin Bacon resembles the Grim Reaper, if the Grim Reaper had been eaten by Nicole Richie and then she took a bath in feces. But I do like Colin Firth, and director Atom Egoyan made The Sweet Hereafter, one of my favorite films from the past decade... but he also made Exotica, which I hated.

And that, right there, is fascinating reading, I'm sure.

Grief, nothing but grief. Here's what you really want:


I feel used.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should watch everything is illuminated!! I loved it! It is premium (you will get that joke after you watch the movie)
-bri