Monday, April 03, 2006

Perfume

////////

My only mental connection with Patrick Suskind's novel Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is a recommendation to read it by someone I hate and think is a complete moron, so I've stayed away, even though it had gotten good-ish reviews from what I'd seen otherwise.

But now I see that Tom Twyker, the director of Run Lola Run, The Princess and the Warrior, and Heaven, three fantastic and interesting films, has adapted the novel for his next film - you can watch the trailer here, and it's really, really nice - and now I'm reworking my decision to not read said book. That is, I'm interested now.

And to give credit where it's due, I found this info through Nathaniel R.'s fantastically ballsy Oscar predictions... for next year. In which Basic Instinct 2 goes unmentioned? I cry foul.

No comments: