Friday, March 10, 2006

I Heart Dinosaurs

//////

Anyone who knows me in real life knows that I am a complete freak for the Jurassic Park movies. But I just realized I'd never, not once, mentioned them in here. I guess that's due to the last one coming out five years ago and yes, sorta sucking (Tea Leoni??? Really???).

But yeah, there it is - I am a huge retarded fan of the Jurassic Park movies. I saw the original film in the theater 10 times. I still have memorized the day it came out (Friday, June 11th, 1993). Before that first weekend was over I'd seen it 3 times already. I bought everything Jurassic I could get my hands on. I've been to Universal Studios Florida 3 times basically just to wander around the Jurassic Park portion of the park and squeal. I have way too many photographs of myself in front of the big JP gate.


Anyway, the films have gotten progressively worse, sure, as is the case with all franchises (though the 2nd film, The Lost World, is underrated), but new word on the 4th film still turns me to goo. Says producer Frank Marshall:


"'Jurassic Park 4' is coming to life. There's a script, we're getting a director and we're going to get going probably toward the end of this year" producer Frank Marshall told MTV News recently.

He adds "Joe Johnston [director of Part 3] could be back. We want to get the script right before we go forward."

Oh JOY. So, this post probably serves as a warning - if Part 4 does get going, expect to hear A LOT about it. Like, every minute detail. I wanna know, and share, how the caterers are spending their afternoons.

UPDATE: The elusive "Dorkasaurus":

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will always be a dorkasuarus to me.

-TM

Jason Adams said...

Aww, that's sweet. Thanks, Tray!

I did a search for pictures of the elusive "Dorkasaurus" and I'm going to update this post to include the image I found.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I almost peed my pants laughing at that picture...if he only had a monacle it would be perfect.

-TM