Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Someone Else To Obsess About

//

Justin Theroux is pretty much the perfect guy. He's smart, he's funny, he's hot (and has like zero percent body fat), HE'S FRIENDS WITH AMY SEDARIS, and he'll be in the Strangers With Candy movie.

Plus he's in The Baxter, which comes out very soon (maybe this weekend, even), which is another addition to movies I must see. Keeps getting longer, that list.

There's an insanely engaging interview with him in the new issue of Bust magazine (he's on the cover looking, as usual, HOT), and here's an interview with him over at Village Voice. I love what he says about working with David Lynch again:

"I couldn't possibly tell you what the film's about, and at this point, I don't know that he could. It's become sort of a pastime. Laura [Dern] and I sit around on set trying to figure out what's going on. I do know that something David really liked about Mulholland Drive was that it had this previous life as a TV show - he equates it to doing a painting that's shelved, someone gives you money to finish it and says, here's three more feet of canvas. With this one he's just giving us sceness and me, Laura, and Jeremy [Irons] have to justify and make sense of whatever that is. Sometimes someone will show up on set you didn't even know was in the movie. Julia Ormond showed up two weeks ago and David hands me a scene where she's my wife! I'm like, I wish I'd known that! But in a weird way you're glad you didn't."

That's pretty much exactly what I imagined working with David Lynch would be like.
.

No comments: