Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Paperhouse Scandal

One of my absolute favorite films of all time is Paperhouse, directed by Bernard Rose, also responsible for Candyman. The film never gets any attention, so I was happily surprised to see a couple years ago that Roger Ebert had included it in his Overlooked Film Festival, hoping it might spur a long overdue DVD release. NO SUCH LUCK.

Who do I have to eat out to get it released already?

I do see that it's actually been released on DVD in England this year, but what does that get me? I ain't no high-tech person with a region free DVD player! I want it released here already! God!

It's such a beautifully shot film, even on the crappy VHS versions I've seen so far; I can only imagine how much better a DVD transfer would look.

To those of you who've never seen it, do. It's a great film.
.

No comments: