Monday, June 13, 2005

Review - Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Example

It's become a bit of a cliche for a gay man to admit that he wants to have the hetero-relations with Ms. Angelina Jolie, but, well, there it is. I don't blame Brad Pitt a bit for tossing The Rachel into the dustbin and hitting it with Jolie; any sane person, male female or in between, would be a fool not to.

Now that I've offened everyone that finds themselves disgusted by the woman with the lips that look like they might explode at any moment, I'll continue.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith was a great summer trifle, thoroughly entertaining and lovely to look at. It did seem like Angelina could have torn off Brad Pitt's face at any moment, so good casting there. Nicole Kidman, originally attached, would've made this a completely different film, I imagine it would've been lighter on the action, heavier on the repartee, seeing as how it's difficult to imagine Kidman's frail spindly arms kicking much ass. Or lifting a gun. Or a pen. Without snapping off.

Brad was pretty. Isn't it about time for him to play a lunatic again?

I am really sick of Vince Vaughn's schtick, though. He irritated me every scene he was in. I kept hoping we'd get to see Angelina shove a knife up his nostril, but I guess they wanted his "humor" around for a sequel. Yay.

Generally, an entertaining film, though I don't have a lot to say about it. Boyfriend mentioned afterwards that there was no "You remember THAT scene?" scenes, nothing that blew you away. There's a pretty great car chase scene with a mini-van, and bunches of moments that you chuckle about in retrospect.

And plenty of fuel for the Everybody Wants To Do Angelina Fan Club.

No comments: