Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gerard Butler, Ass Braggart

.

Alright, let's just dive right into this one. So to speak. This is Gerard Butler talking about Law Abiding Citizen, via Towleroad:

"I love to show my rear end in roles. I fear it’s becoming a bit of a habit, a tradition that I have to show my ass in every movie that I can. This was always a great scene in the movie and actually speaks volumes about this character and part of the wackiness and unexpectedness that happens… He’s completely unpredictable and so when he strips off it makes sense. I mean there’s a genius behind that and if it means I have to bare my ass again than so be it. I’ve always had a skinny, tight ass but I had to bulk up for this film; I was inspired by watching (Robert) DeNiro in Taxi Driver during the scene where he’s doing the push-ups and he’s so cut. A lot more is said in that than somebody just being big and kind of a meathead...Whenever I make those decisions to be naked, I go, ‘Oh shit here’s another three months of being on a diet and getting that body back!'"

First off, do straight men ever refer to their asses as "tight"? Just a question. An especially valid question I'd wager when one's referring to a man that also has a pug named Lolita. Mmmhmm.

Anyway if you hadn't noticed I consider myself sort of a connoisseur of ass, and I have to argue with his claim that he's showing off his ass left and right. He's no Patrick Wilson! But let's just have a look at the evidence. Yes he shows off his ass, sorta, in shadow, in 300:


Sorta.

I didn't hear anything of nudity from him beyond this in Gamer:


Same for The Ugly Truth (cue my shudder, remembering that movie exists). But I didn't know he showed it off briefly in RockNRolla either, and I hear he did. But I couldn't find a picture of it.


He just did that dumb striptease in P.S. I Love You
(man this man makes some terrible movies):


Fail! Do I need to go back into his films further than 300? I feel like he's not talking about all the older ones. I mean, to his credit in this respect he did show off everything he has to show in his first film, 1997's Mrs. Brown.

But my point stands. Let the record show you are no Patrick Wilson, Gerry Butler! Put your ass where your mouth is!


Uh. That's... a figure of speech. (Or is it?)

Anyway, I have no idea what the following shot is from or where I found it, but here's the clearest Gerard Butler ass in existence! Save the real thing, of course. Enjoy.

.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the mystery ass shot might be from Rocknrolla. The guy on the right looks familiar.

Jason Adams said...

You're probably right, Brian 5. Someday I'll actually watch that movie.

Movie Maven Gal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Movie Maven Gal said...

There's a brief nude backside shot in a sex scene in Dracula 2000, but the 300 one is the most famous. Thank you again Zack Snyder! He was much too covered up in The Ugly Truth.

Anonymous said...

This photo is from Rocknrolla, the man in the left side of the left butt cheek is Idris Elba. Lucky Him!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that last picture! His hips, thighs and bottom are gorgeous! I wish I couild give his haunches a great big squeeze! P:

Anonymous said...

Gerard butler is just sleazy and not a very good actor and I could do without having to look at his ass