Thursday, January 07, 2016

Well I Have A New Favorite Movie

.
The first full trailer for Ben Wheatley's High-Rise - an adaptation of JG Ballard's book it stars Tom Hiddleston, Luke Evans, Jeremy Irons, Elisabeth Moss, Sienna Miller, and James Purefoy - has arrived thanks to Hiddleston on Twitter, and it looks like everything I want from my movie-going experience: Cronenbergian Weirdness! Brutalist Architecture! Tom Hiddleston Naked!

Also see: Tom Hiddleston Dancing!

And Tom Hiddleston playing racquetball in a tight suit!

Check, check, and check!
Watch the trailer here:
.

.
The movie is out in the UK in March but it still doesn't have a date here in the US -- I might have to fly to London just to watch it, dammit. I'll do it! I swear! Any fans of Wheatley's films? I think they're all fairly genius but it looks like his budget has finally caught up with his imagination. After the jump I capped a ton more from the gorgeous, gorgeous trailer, so hit it...












5 comments:

homodrome said...

Massive fan of Wheatley! Field in England, Kill List and Sightseers are amongst my favorite horror flicks over the past decade. High Rise does look delightfully Cronenbergian!

Anonymous said...

I believe he is playing squash; racquetball has a stubby handle on racquet. Somehow my eyes got diverted from his tight pants and I noticed. Sorry; I'll turn in my card!

luke said...

The only Ben Wheately movie I've seen is Sightseers and that had its moments. I'll watch thsi for Luke Evans and, to a lesser extent, Sienna Miller who's been growing on me of late.

Aquinas1220 said...

I liked the use of Tangerine Dream's "Risky Business" score (at least thats what I think it was)

Marc said...

I saw it back in october in a film festival and it's a very good movie! But heavy! The music is genius with an Abba song on repeat but in different arrangements (original, piece orchestra, etc.). Tom excels and the rest of the cast too. And my favorite quote (from Sienna Miller's character) : "You're lucky, you're one of those who look better naked". Cause yeah, we see more of Tom than in the trailer!