Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Pics of the Day

.
I am really very annoyed that Ben Wheatley's new film High-Rise is playing fests everywhere else this Fall but not making it anywhere near New York, meaning I'll have to wait for its release date probably next year. I want it! I want to see Tom Hiddleston & Elisabeth Moss smear silver paint on each other! 

I want to see Tom Hiddleston stand in a mirrored elevator! I want it all! I even want to see Noted You-Know-What Luke Evans floating in a pool on a bed of gigantic mustache.

Even that! High-Rise, if you don't remember, is Wheatley's adaptation of a JG Ballard book about a group of folks who go all Lord of the Flies inside a you-guessed-it. (This reminds me - I bought a copy of this book like a year ago and haven't read it yet; time to dig it out of the pile at go at it!) Wheatley is the very talented director behind A Field in England and Sightseers and Kill List and now everybody's gone and realized he's great and this is his first flick working with all those big fancy slow-to-notice people. 


1 comment:

Remington said...

Did you know that Luke Evans apparently RE-came out around October of last year? I had no idea until I looked him up after watching him on that episode of "The Graham Norton Show" that he was on while promoting "Dracula Untold". Granted, I didn't watch the episode until just a few months ago.
http://wwd.com/menswear-news/lifestyle/slaying-them-softly-7973152/
"It’s not something he is hiding, but not a fact he wishes to discuss in the press,” as one of his publicists put it. But when it was suggested that in taking on these action roles, he may be setting a precedent, Evans didn’t entirely sidestep the question."
“It’s good for people to look at me and think this guy is doing his thing and enjoying what he’s doing and successful at it and living his life,” he says. “And that’s what I’m doing and I’m very happy.”
Regardless, I hope this still means you'll refer to him as "Noted Homosexual" because that cracks me up every single time I read it. :)