Monday, August 31, 2015

Nicholas Hoult Plays Catcher For Me

.
I never bothered watching that documentary Salinger that came out a couple of years ago because I heard it was terrible (did any of you see it?) and now I'm glad I waited because now I'll learn all that stuff about the writer of Catcher in the Rye with Nicholas Hoult sexily pantomiming it for me, and that's the way every lesson should be learned. Nicky's set to star in The Rebel in the Rye (oh my god change that name quickly before it gets stuck in any of our heads, it's so bad, turn back time and make that title go away) which is an adaptation of Kenneth Slawenski's bio called J.D. Salinger: A Life. I mean I agree that "A Life" won't work as a title either but that "Rebel in the Rye" business will not do -- I read it and I get "The Farmer in the Dell" stuck in my head.
.

No comments: