Thursday, April 02, 2015

Good Morning, Michael Fassbender

.
Have you heard of this Michael Fassbender guy? I hear he's pretty good. Anything I might've seen him in? He sounds familiar. I can't really place his face though. But wait...

... oh right! Michael Fassbender! Duh. I know who he is. I'd recognize him in a second. Well it's Michael Fassbender's 38th birthday today, so if you see him immediately drop down on all fours and open everything as wide as you can cuz he gets what he wants today. (Michael Fassbender gets what he wants every day.) 

Kidding aside, I was looking at Fassy's IMDB page this morning and if all goes as planned he very well might have five movies out this year. Five! There's his long-johns western Slow West (more here), Trespass Against Us (a little more here although I haven't written much about this one), Terence Malick's just-titled Weightless with Ryan Gosling (more here), The Light Between Oceans with Blue Valentine director Derek Cianfrance (more here), and of course his MacBeth opposite Marion Cotillard (more here). And what's the deal with the Steve Jobs movie again? I feel like they announced they were trying to have that done for this year's awards season? (ETA Yes they have.) Can you imagine? Michael Fassbender, you are going to be very very busy over the next several months. If you ever need anything rubbed, you let me know. I am here for you.
.
Which Fassy movie are you most excited for?
Slow West0%
Trespass Against Us0%
Weightless0%
The Light Between Oceans0%
MacBeth0%
Steve Jobs0%

4 comments:

joel65913 said...

He is a busy boy and April 2nd seems like a bonanza for beautiful men being born. He shares his birthday with Christopher Meloni, Adam Rodriguez, Clark Gregg and Aiden Turner! The mind reels at the possibilities.

Unknown said...

I'm actually voting for Trespass Against Us even though I don't know much about it. But it's filled with Irish actors, and frankly, I think Fassbender is at his best and most natural (Fish Tank, Hunger) when he stays closer to home.

I also think he's miscast for Macbeth and Steve Jobs.

Pierce said...

You realize that he does full frontal nudity in Shame!

eL said...

Most excited for X-men: Apocalypse