Monday, April 20, 2015

Everything You Ever Need To Know About Life...

... you can learn from:

Alien (1979)

Lambert: Well, how about a little something
to lower your spirits? 
Dallas: Thrill me, would ya? 
Lambert: Well, based on my calculations, based on time 
spent getting to and from the planet... 
Dallas: Just give me the short version, how far to Earth? 
Lambert: Ten months.
Ripley: Oh god. 

I was looking through Veronica Cartwright's lines from this movie and I realized how much of what she was depended upon to say -- besides the screaming, oh god the screaming -- was boring exposition like this. She got tasked stuff like the above and of science-y gobbledegook like, "I found it. Just short of Zeta II Reticuli." Sure Lambert, Zeta II Reticuli, whatever you say. Anyway because she is Veronica Cartwright, she sold it. Veronica Cartwright can sell anything. And that's why we're wishing her a very very happy 66th birthday today. J'adore lady.


1 comment:

Yummy Pizza said...

She is amazing, and I love Lambert. Fuck the haters!