Thursday, March 26, 2015

Make Jake Look Good

.
When I shared the news on Tuesday about Tom Ford's new movie I did so with interest (if I weren't interested I wouldn't have shared it at all, natch) but it probably wasn't the most enthusiastic display I've ever made about something. Only now, with last night's casting rumor revealed, do I now see the folly of that way. I should've figured out a way for the news to shoot literal fireworks right in your face as you read it, because we should be so excited our eyebrows are literally on fire. So let's try this again: Variety says that Tom Ford is going to direct Nocturnal Animals, based on Austin Wright's book called Tony and Susan, and it's maybe probably going to star Amy Adams and JAKE. I know I gave the game away early with that picture of him up top... I suppose that's our fireworks. 

Or that picture is our fireworks. That is of course Matthew Goode in A Single Man, Tom Ford's previous directing credit. I'm tempted to photo-shop Jake's head onto his body, but you get the idea. What I'm saying is, is...
.
.
It's been awhile since somebody served up Piping Hot Gyllenhaal on a platter for us... probably since that sexy dud Love and Other Drugs in 2010... since then he's been skinnied down or spastic or shaved or yellowed over. It is time. Oh and...

... there's a rumor that Aaron Johnson could co-star, as well. 
So stick that in your trousers and light it.
.

7 comments:

das buut said...

Well, I think I just exploded in a cloud of glitter. My day's not going to get any better, so I'm heading to bed. See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Spastic?

Jason Adams said...

As in having spasms

(and not the "having Cerebral Palsy" definition)

I've long complained about his performance in Prisoners having way too many tics - all the blinking and over-acting got on my nerves

Anonymous said...

But but. The tics were different.
A crazed ex-con's angry tic over the basement ledge.
Bitchy throwing shade after Jackman left his car.
Softer tic when ~smoldering at his desk.
Hugh's barnstorming in an ensemble. Jake localized his shit. Plus the hospital bed scene is among his profound one-shot (no tics)

And OMG Joaquin possibly playing Jake's alter-ego!!

joel65913 said...

Yeah to Jake, boo to Amy Adams. Maybe she'll drop out and one of a dozen less noxious actresses will take her place.

Anonymous said...

Let me guess what Tom will dress the actor in...this is so difficult...suits? -__-

The most boring menswear designer ever!

Anonymous said...

What gets me most is the disparity between Tom's menswear and womenswear - no other designer/house has such drastic differences. All his men are covered up in the same old boring sexless suits while his women are practically naked.