Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Idris Is The Right Fox

.
I think you all owe me a thank you card and maybe an Edible Arrangement if you're feeling especially generous, because my whines make things happen! In November we heard that Jamie Foxx had been cast as the lead in Harmony Korine's next movie, and I whined, and I quote, "Well that killed my enthusiasm quick." Because it did! I can't stand Jamie Foxx. Well today comes word that Harmony decided I was right and now his new movie will star Idris Elba instead! The word "upgrade" doesn't even begin to touch that.

The movie's called The Trap and it's about "a gangster rapper" at the "top of his career" whose nemesis (played by Benicio Del Toro) is released from prison on the night of the Grammys and sets out to seek revenge. There's also "a crew of Uzi-weilding surfers" led by Robert Pattinson, a parole officer played by Al Pacino, and a cokehead played by James Franco. Who doesn't want to see this movie right this second
.

No comments: