Thursday, January 22, 2015

I Am Link

.
--- Space Oddity - The new Bjork album is so good, you guys! I've been listening to it non-stop all week; it's gorgeous and super super sad - I had no idea she and Matthew Barney had broken up but once again she's making the case for artist's needing to live hellish miserable lives for Great Art's sake. There's a really wonderful interview with her over at Pitchfork which you should read; she keeps breaking down and crying in the middle of it - crying! Bjork! WTF let's go hunt down Matthew Barney and do filthy Cremaster things to him.
.
--- Sky Blonde - CBS' Supergirl has been cast and it's Melissa Benoist, who was on Glee and also played the girl that Miles Teller didn't have any damn time for in Whiplash cuz drums, yo. I remember thinking she was pretty adorable in Whiplash so best of luck to her - of course this entire project labors under the unbeatable memory of Faye Dunaway camping it up and Hart Bochner's wondrously tight jeans, but still, good luck trying.

--- Sticky Stuff - A remake of The Blob certainly seems overdue so this makes sense - the dude who directed Con Air and Lara Croft Tomb Raider and a bunch of other big explosion riddled garbage has just signed on for it. A blob movie doesn't necessarily need to be "good" though, ya know? So we'll see how it goes.

--- Spider Twink - Look out Andrew Garfield, Taron Egerton is coming up behind you (and oh what a behind) - in an interview with MTV the Kingsman star says he isn't going to play Young James Marsden for Bryan Singer (cue one lone tear trickling down Bryan Singer's cheek) (yes that cheek) but if he was going to play a superhero he's love to show off his own set of Spider-Buns.
.
--- Experience This - Over at The Film Experience the Team Experience Awards for 2014 have been posted, huzzah! Lots of great great picks by the gang, which is to be expected, since everybody over there is awesome. Lots of love for Under the Skin, double huzzah.) As an aside, just for posterity's sake, I will mention that I did not vote this year - you can already tell that though because The Babadook didn't win everything.
.
--- Pat The President - The Hollywood Reporter lists five movies that might sneak up on us at Sundance with a surprise Wowza, and amongst the lot is that movie starring Alexander Skarsgard's Mustache, and also a movie called Zipper, which is about, and I quote, "a federal prosecutor and devoted family man (Patrick Wilson) whose political future is in jeopardy thanks to his burgeoning sex addiction" and oh my god Patrick Wilson in a sex-addiction movie I am so there.

--- Get Pegged - Well this is nifty: Simon Pegg has been hired to co-write the third Star Trek script! Hmm I wonder, will Scotty have a lot to do this time around? I think he just might. I'd also completely missed the news that Fast & Furious director Justin Lin had been hired to direct; I can't say anything about that though since I have never seen any of his movies.

--- Dolan Dearest - The best scene in Xavier Dolan's Mommy has been released in clip-form and you can watch it over here, although I'm not entirely sure that out of context it will work? If you'd shown me that clip out of context I'd have probably cringed since yikes Celine Dion. But really it works in context, I promise! Speaking of Xav over here there's a round-up of recent interviews (of the video sort) with the hipster savant talking about Mommy and all sorts of other stuff.
.
--- Up To Ten Eighty - I love this list at Fangoria of semi-forgotten (or just slipped through the cracks) horror gems that need to be released onto blu-ray - David Lynch's Mulholland Drive is hardly forgotten (hell we were just posting about it the other day for Lynch's birthday) but it did come out right in that sweet spot before blu-ray where a lot of things have stayed to wither on DVD. Still I assume once a Lynch boxed-set is made it'll be up in there.
.

No comments: