Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Emmett's Flesh

.
I'm such a shit - I totally forgot that my furry British boyfriend Emmett Scanlan (one of many many furry British boyfriends, admittedly), so great on the great In the Flesh, was going to be on Constantine, and of course I only remember this after word breaks that production on the show's been stopped. It's not quite cancelled yet, but that's not what happens to show's going gangbusters, ya know? Has anyone watched any of it? All I did remember was the controversy surrounding the bi-washing of the character, which'd turned me off at the start. Anyway here's an interview with Emmett from a few days ago, before they halted production on the show; the bit I care about (besides the pictures, natch) is when he's asked about a third season of In the Flesh, which is still not green-lit:

"I'd be interested, but no-one has heard anything about its future. It's a remarkable piece of original drama, and in an ideal world it would have its ending. That said, let's not forget the two seasons gone before, and thank the BBC for that. That's something to be incredibly proud of. Something to take away from all this. That said, fuck the previous two, give us two more…"

It seems crazy - CRAZY - that this is even an issue. Come on, BBC! The show's so good! You guys are supposed to be more attune to that sort of thing that us feeble-minded Americans, right?


4 comments:

Sandisan said...

BTW, just remembered, but he's also on The Fall. He hasn't had much to do so far, but who knows!

Jason Adams said...

HE IS? Well now I'm sold to the Nth degree

George G said...

He was introduced as Corrigan on Constantine last week, but if they cancel this show I won't be disappointed. The stories have been very meh, and I was wondering if Matt Ryan and the woman who plays Zed were really such terrible actors or if it was the directors' fault. But even Scanlan seemed to overact in a few scenes, and the script was pretty annoying, so I'm going to go with the director(s) for now...

Anonymous said...

Irish, not British;)