Monday, October 20, 2014

Shia Seventeen Times

.
Say what you will about Shia LaBeouf - he's got it coming. But that doesn't make this long interview with him for Interview magazine any less readable; I swerved between disgust and fascination like a metronome reading it. He's got his head up his ass but he knows he does, and he's blowing bubbles up it.

But if he ever manages to channel all his crazy into a screen performance, that'll really be something. I liked this passage where he talked about working with Tom Hardy: 

"I picked up this method thing watching Tom Hardy go through his machinations on Lawless. I was like, "That's how you do it, okay." I took a lot of notes from him. And it wound up getting me into some trouble. Because he was more of an evolved man when he started fucking around like this. He had been through his pain and had cathartic experiences and was able to manage his life. I was trying to do shit that was 20 steps ahead, trying to rush the process. And you can't fast-forward experience. I'm not a very intelligent person, and you've got to be a fucking genius to learn from other people's mistakes, because you've got to be a very smart man to learn from your own. Hardy is a far more evolved artist."

I was going to say that all this self-reflection aside I am fairly sure I'd never actually want to be in Shia's presence; somebody so pathologically keen on being real and honest and open with everyone around them just sounds fucking exhausting to me. I was going to say that, but these pictures that accompany the article, well, I would maybe put up with his bullshit for an hour or two, given the right circumstances.

I think we can all imagine the right circumstances. 
Hit the jump for a dozen or so more pics!








4 comments:

Pollywog said...

I would definitely let him fuck me stupid

Panache said...

Ugh. Yuck. Eew.

Ross said...

After hearing his story on Jimmy Kimmel about how he got arrested at Cabaret, I kind of like the guy again. And how can you hate someone with a tattoo of a giraffe riding a bicycle and whistling a tune?

S said...

Sorry - anyone who says Tom Hardy is a highly evolved artist is either kidding or high.