Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Quote of the Day

.
Once in awhile something comes along on the internet that is so tailored to your specifics that you think maybe they made it just for you - this piece at Vulture chatting with nine actors about their famous death scenes is one of those times for me. When I was reading it in bed last night I wouldn't let my boyfriend sleep, I was so busy reciting every bit of it, it delighted me so. They talked to Betty Buckley and Piper Laurie about Carrie, they talked to PJ Soles about Halloween, they talked to Rose McGowan about Scream, they talked to the girls who get burnt up in the tanning beds in Final Destination 3... I mean, come on! The whole thing's worth your time but PJ Soles made me laugh the hardest talking about her toplessness...

"John Carpenter said, because it was a bedroom scene, "Would you be comfortable with just a flash?" He asked me very gently, "If you don't want to do it, that's fine, I understand, but if we could get some, get something ..." I don't think they needed [nudity], I think he just thought it might add to my character and be kind of cute, you know? So it seemed okay to do that, and of course my parents were horrified [laughs], but it seemed okay. Looking back on it now it's OK, because, wow, that's what I used to look like! I don't know what happened to my boobs. They got bigger + bigger, and now I look like my aunt."
.

No comments: