Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Everything You Ever Need To Know About Life...

... you can learn from:


Max: Did you make this?
Carol: Yeah, yeah.
Max: It's very good.
Carol: We were gonna make a whole world like this.
Now, everyone used to come here, but you know...
.
... you know what it feels like when all your teeth are falling out
really slowly and you don't realize and then you notice that,
well, they're really far apart. And then one day...
you don't have any teeth anymore.
Max: Yeah.
Carol: Well it was like that.

A happy 45 to Spike Jonze today!

Have any of you watched the documentary Spike made on Where the Wild Things author Maurice Sendak called Tell Them Anything You Want? I only watched it a few weeks ago for the first time and it is, naturally, a lovely little thing, and it made me mourn Maurice's passing once again. And Maurice, as much peace as he seemed to have made with death and dying, would love being mourned some more I think, so it's cool. The doc is actually online, you can watch it right here:
 .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for turning me on to this documentary. I adore Maurice Sendak. I directed the area premiere of Really Rosie, the musical he wrote with Carole King in 1990 and when the media center at the school I taught at was clearing out books, one book they were giving away was The Art of Maurice Sendak. I am now the proud owner of it!