Thursday, October 23, 2014

A New Idiocracy

.
Seeing this news last night my first thought (well my second thought after AWESOME) was ahh crap I haven't reviewed Foxcatcher yet. I'm wretchedly behind on reviews, wretchedly, maybe we'll fix that today. (I said maybe.) Until then hey look at this holy shit this is AWESOME - Deadline is reporting that Charlie Kaufman - yes that Charlie Kaufman - has been hired to write the script for Steve Carell's next movie! It's an adaptation of Athur Herzog's 1978 sci-fi novel called IQ 83, which is about an airborne virus that's unsuspectingly unleashed on the world that makes everybody dumb and dumber. Carell would play the lead scientist racing his own plummeting stupidity to figure out the cure. Have any of you read Herzog's book? I have not; he's the same guy who wrote Orca and The Swarm though, so clearly he rules, and I should get on that. 
.

No comments: