Thursday, September 04, 2014

Today's Fanboy Delusion

Today I'd rather be...

... slapping the pigskin with
Burt Reynolds and Kris Kristofferson.

I have a serious impulse control problem. All it takes is me reading that the Film Society of Lincoln Center is screening a pair of Burt Reynolds football movies in a couple of weeks and I'm off, drowning myself in pictures. But how can I help it when something like this...

... picture presents itself to me for the first time? I am only human, for god's sake. Anyway FSLC is showing the movies The Longest Yard and Semi-Tough on September 16th; I'd never even heard of 1977's Semi-Tough before, but get a load of its poster-art:

Good grief. I can only imagine with fascination and horror what the set of this movie was like. Kris Kristofferson probably still has some scars (and/or diseases) from it.

Did you guys see the other picture of Burt and Jon Voight I posted on the Tumblr a few weeks ago? So much ball touching, I swear. Seriously though I gathered up a whole bunch of pictures of Burt I hadn't seen before, including several of him very young and clean and pretty even (there was almost something Brando-ish about him wasn't there?)  so hit the jump and I will share...










3 comments:

Petey said...

classic Burt Reynolds was just positively oozing with testosterone...me likey!

Anonymous said...

is it just me or does he sport a very erratic hair line? plugs perhaps?

Jim56 said...

It's long been known that he wears hairpieces, but that's not really important, as the hair that matters is all on his chest.