Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Monkey On Hiddles Back

.
I'm having a lot of fun looking at that picture I just photo-shopped and imagining Tom just told some sort of ribald anti-ape joke only to realize thanks to my subtle head-shaking that his best friend, who happens to be an ape, was standing behind him within earshot. Oh Tom! Incorrigible Tom! However will you get out of this snafu, you!

Ahem. So hey didija hear that Tom Hiddleston is going to star in that King Kong prequel called Skull Island? Universal announced the movie at San Diego's Comic Con this past Summer; the news kinda fizzled at the time but now that they nabbed Tom where ever he goes buzz follows. I do think he's ace casting - as he proved with Midnight in Paris, he's got the old-timey rattling around his bones. He's make a dashing period hero. That said...

... I really think they need to bring back Thomas Kretschmann's character from Peter Jackson's movie. Use that CG they used on Ian McKellan in the X-Men movies to age him down some if necessary; just bring him and his gigantic pointed shaft back to me.
.

No comments: