Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I Am Link

.
--- The Wind Rises - Just last week I made a brief plea for truth to the rumor that Storm (and Cyclops, to a lesser degree) would be re-cast by younger actors as the X-Men franchise moved forward because hot damn they need to get rid of Halle Berry (Lupita! Lupita! Let's hope Michael Fassbender's making the case behind the scenes.) and here we have substantiation. Along with word that Bryan Singer's legal troubles weren't enough to get him booted from the gig.
 .
--- Terry Terrific - I was a little less iffy on The Zero Theorem then most people seemed to have been - what can I say, I have a soft spot for Gilliam weirdness. Speaking of, I dug what I've read so far of this interview with the man himself at Salon, although I have yet to finish it. He did some Q&As with the movie last week here in New York but as cool as it would've been to see that I wasn't in the mood for the movie again, so soon. 
.
--- Song of the South - Harmony Korine is done with the script and in the middle of casting for his next movie, following Spring Breakers, which will be a sprawling Southern Gothic gangster tale called The Trap. Last we'd heard back in July it was going to star Robert Pattinson but he didn't mention if that's still true. He does say it's his "most ambitious film" though, so expect even more vaginas.
 ..
--- Troubled Waters - The Playlist put two and two together and realized that the movie Liam Neeson said he's making next, described as "Die Hard on the George Washington Bridge," is probably from the script called Suspension that Joss Whedon wrote awhile ago. (LOL at that perfect title.) I live pretty close to the GW -- see this pretty picture I took of it! -- so if they film a gigantic action movie on it I am so there. 
 .
--- Stripper Sally - I have to admit that I've had a soft spot for Amber Heard ever since All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, (ven though she's kind of proven herself wooden in everything I've seen her in since) so I was kinda excited to hear she got cast in Magic Mike XXL last week. Whatever, the movie will hopefully just be fun and dumb, and Amber Heard fits right in that.
.
--- Whither Them - This list of movies that we thought might get released this Fall during the festival season that we've heard nothing about yet is pretty invaluable, for keeping up with where some of these movies stand. Stuff like Todd Haynes' Carol and all the ones starring Michael Fassbender and Matthias Schoenaerts. I want so many of these right now!
.

--- Daddy Agent - Whenever I see Shea Whigham in something I think I am watching an old movie starring a spliced-together Bill Pullman & Bill Paxton, so I guess I will think that watching Marvel's Agent Carter show now that he's joined the cast. It's apparently the Agent Coulson role of the show. Still now word on Dominic Cooper, by the way.
 .
--- Yes To Yorke - Thom Yorke has been teasing us with Tumblr posts and tweets this week; he posted a shot of some mysterious vinyl record that freaked everybody out, and now he's tweeting out bunches of scattered lyrics. Apparently Radiohead is in the studio RIGHT NOW working on the next album. I'm coming, boys!
.

No comments: