Friday, September 19, 2014

I Am Link

.
--- Queen Of All Media - Occasionally I get sad that I never started watching RuPaul's Drag Race - it's featured two queens from my home-town that I was watching perform on a dinky stage fifteen years ago for one, and for another I do find Ru charmingly clever. So I'm thankful to TFE for transcribing some bits from his recent AMA on Reddit - naturally my favorite bit was the bit about Eddie Cibrian in his cut-off jean-shorts.

--- More Roars - The dude who wrote the first Godzilla movie rode into town at just the right giant monster loving moment (I've been clamoring for such a moment ever since The Host) - he's just been signed to write the sequel, and he's also writing that King Kong prequel that Tom Hiddleston is starring in.

--- Feeling Super - It seems that Deadpool footage we saw online several weeks back was a testing of the waters, and they found the waters fine - the X-Men spinoff movie's been greenlighted for a Winter 2016 release and yes, it appears it will be Ryan Reynolds slipping into another latex bodysuit. Maybe this time they'll use his actual real beautiful muscles and not the CG bullshit they pulled on us with The Green Lantern. In other superhero movie news, the Fantastic Four reboot has been moved into August 2015, aka the date that was reserved for Michael Fassbender's Assassin's Creed film - Creed hasn't even started filming yet so this was probably a wise move.

--- Well Endowed - In general I don't really care enough about the news that Seth Rogen is teaming up with Anchorman director Adam McKay to make a movie, but I did get a chuckle out of Roger's statement: 

"Every 2,000 years, the planets of our galaxy align in a perfect line that funnels the cosmic energies of the universe to flow into one perfect comedic collaboration. The time is now. This is that project. Nothing will ever be the same. McKay and Schwartz are real smart, well-endowed guys, and we couldn't be more excited to be working with them."

--- Female Filler - I know the general sentiment about Cody Horn in the first Magic Mike can be described best with a bloodcurdling shriek, but honestly I'd take ten of her affect-less performances over Jada Pinkett Smith shrilling around with her horrible shrew self. Also on-board in the lady department is Andie MacDowell, who's proven herself useless time and again in anything not named Groundhog Day. I know there's no reason for Olivia Munn to come back but man, she was great in the first movie.

--- Mo Mackie - Two days ago we told you about Scoot McNairy joining David Gordon Green's new film - well here's word that another fine actor is attached: Anthony Mackie will co-star in Our Brand is Crisis, with McNairy and Billy Bob Thornton and Sandra Bullock and so on. S'nice, that DGG has become so popular with good actors, isn't it?

--- Golden Grab - I loved Once and I loved Begin Again but I don't know if I can move along to director John Carney's next musical, which is apparently based on music from Bono and The Edge from U2. Has Bono won an Oscar yet? Clearly he's gunning for one, and I can't support that. Still the movie is going to star the adorable Chris-Pratt-Jr.-ish Jack Reynor (they really have got to play brothers some time) and Hunnam-licker slash Littlefinger Aiden Gillen, so...

--- Halftime Heroes - Ang Lee has lined up his next movie, which is an adaptation of the book Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk, which apparently mixes up two of my favorite fetishes - army uniforms and football uniforms. Sounds like a winner! Give it all the Oscars! Seriously though, has anybody read the book? I saw it described as satire somewhere (not the link I'm offering).
.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i read 'billy lynn...' and loved it; i'm not sure how it's going to work as a film (it's very interior monologuey), but i'm sure ang lee can handle it

ps - isn't it tom hiddleston who's starring in that king kong prequel thing?

Jason Adams said...

YES. Good grief, I, who should know better, and totally know the difference between a Cumberbatch and a Hiddleston, for some reason have written down their names backwards several times now. Thirty lashings for me! Thanks Unknown, I'll fix it.

Jon said...

"RuPaul's Drag Race" is hands down the best reality show on the air right now. It's hilarious, involving and has a great sense of humor. And the queens are just great. The previous seasons are on Netflix; I highly recommend it. You'll love it.

The Bloody Munchkin said...

It's Magic Mike news season or as I like to call it "The most wonderful time of the year."

Also, please continue to find any and all excuses to use that gif from "But I'm a cheerleader" in every post possible because I can not stop with the church giggles over here.

Alex Pettyfer's cold black heart said...

A toilet seat has more emotional range than Cody Horn. How'd she get that gig in the first place?