Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Swing Benny Benny Swing

.
Well it certainly does come in handy that Benjamin Walker already  starred in a movie where he swung an axe around a bunch for coming up with pictures for this post, that's for sure. And he looks damn fine doing it too, thankfully. One of my greatest failures as a human being has been continually missing Ben on stage - I missed that astonishingly snug and bloodstained shirt and pants in Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson; I missed him dropping his towel in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof; and I just missed him running around next-to-naked and getting handsy with Hunter Parrish in Hair...

(See more Hair pictures here.) Well not this time! I was planning on seeing this show no matter who was in it. Yup, Benjamin Walker's been cast as the singing, dancing psychopathic Patrick Bateman in the American Psycho musical. (thanks Mac) The show already played London with Dr. Who's Matt Smith in the role...

... but now it's coming home where it belongs. I'll have to get reservations at Dorsia afterwards, make a whole night out of it.
.

4 comments:

sissyinhwd said...

I know I told you he was super sexy in HAIR - Not just his good looks but his Presence. I was absolutely undeniable. This is indeed a Great Day for NY theatre with this and news of SIDE SHOW going into the St James. Both shows are Essential Viewing.

sissyinhwd said...

s/b It was absolutely

Anonymous said...

I saw Hunter Parrish in Spring Awakening on Broadway the Christmas before it closed and he showed off his hot bare ass! It made my holiday!

Bill Carter said...

That partially solves the mystery of what Hunter Parrish has been up to lately. He seemed to have disappeared after Weeds went off the air, two years ago.